Seeking Project Manager
JumpStart Georgia is pleased to announce an opening for an energetic and motivated project manager for our new project, Visualizing the News in Georgia.
To read about this project in detail, please check out:
JumpStart Georgia is a local start-up Web development, open data, and civil-society organization that employs the Web to manage/analyze/share data that is vital to organizations’ goals. JumpStart (formerly known as Open Maps Caucasus) gained its chops by collecting, processing, and making public country-wide street data that had never before been in the public domain. Following that project, JumpStart continued to apply its skills with large datasets on the Web by working with local organizations to create a better online presence by curating their data and improving information flow to target audiences.
To learn more about JumpStart Georgia and its activities, please visit http://www.jumpstart.ge.
- Title: Project Manager
- Project: Visualizing the News in Georgia
- Donor: Open Society Foundations
- Reports to: Executive Director
- Location: Tbilisi, Georgia
- Office hours: 10:00 - 18:00, Monday - Friday
- Salary: (sliding scale dependent on qualifications and experience) <= 700 USD
Applicants should understand that JumpStart’s staff works together as a team and there will be times when you will be expected to contribute outside your main project depending on the need.
Applicants who show strong motivation, creativity in resolving problems, and produce quality work will have the opportunity for a raise and continued work beyond this project.
The qualified candidate should:
- possess a university degree;
- possess experience in conducting and managing previous projects;
- possess either substantial journalism experience, research experience or, preferably, both;
- possess excellent verbal and written skills in Georgian and English;
- be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- be able to think outside the box;
- be data literate;
- apply a high level of attention to detail in all tasks;
- possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- be enthusiastic, self-motivated, and at ease with exploring alternative methods to achieve goals when needed;
- should embrace learning new skills and tools needed to successfully carry out work;
- should be on time, prompt, professional, and, courteous; and
- be involved in JumpStart Georgia’s overall mission, ideas, and work!
To even be considered, all applicants must:
- send an English version of their CV to email@example.com with ‘VNG: Project Manager’ in the subject line;
- include in the email their response to the following questions (cover letter):
- Why are you a good candidate for the position of ‘Project Manager’ of Visualizing the News in Georgia? What experience do you have that makes you a good candidate?
- Why should JumpStart Georgia hire you?
- What about JumpStart Georgia’s work is attractive to you?
All qualified and interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 18:00, 30 November 2012. We will conduct interviews for the most qualified candidates as we receive resumes. We are looking for the chosen candidate to join our team as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you!