Visualizing for Data-driven Advocacy (VDA) builds on the successes of Visualizing the News in Georgia (VNG).
Since launching Feradi Info, the face of VNG, in January 2013, we have become convinced more than ever that visualizing is the tip of the iceburg when it comes to engaging an audience with facts and information. However, it is the tip that everyone sees and ultimately all the hidden work up to that point is there to support a concise message to encourage people to take some form of action or change some behavior.
We will focus VNG to take what we have learned about data-driven advocacy and the role that visualizations play in communicating messages to another level.
Visualizing for Data-driven Advocacy (VDA) will:
- continue to communicate important issues visually using alternative forms of media and creative approaches to “increase public conversation around important issues, increase the quality and frequency of computer-assisted/data journalism and storytelling, put facts before rumour, and increase the demand for more open, accessible, and relevant data and innovation critical to understanding the important issues in Georgia.”
- raise local CSOs' expectations of how they can integrate data, technology, and art and creativity to achieve goals and have an impact
- strengthen local CSOs' ability to carry out strategic data-driven advocacy activities using alternative forms of media and technologies
- strengthen JumpStart Georgia's core capacity to implement projects and to partner with CSOs to apply innovative and creative approaches to communication using data and open-source technologies
- continue to visualize news and issues
- strengthen local CSOs' ability to carry out strategic data-driven advocacy
- raise local CSOs' expectations of how they can integrate data, technology, and art and creativity
- strengthen JumpStart Georgia's core capacity