We are vocal about the benefits of open government and open data in a transparent and participatory society.
An open government is one that is proactively transparent about its activities and the information it collects. In addition, an open government proactively seeks to include its citizens in its processes and activities.
We support the Sunlight Foundation's guidelines on open data and advocate for the Georgian government to adhere to those principles.
We have a vision for an open and participatory Georgian government! We work in consort with civil society organizations and government representatives to communicate our vision.
We are actively engaged in:
- improving Georgia's freedom of information laws and their implementation
- improving Georgian citizens' integration of open data principles in all its activities to bridge the gap between Georgians and their data in government
- improving the communication between Georgian citizens and their government using modern standards and technologies that are open
- raising awareness among Georgians about the benefits of a transparent and proactively open government
- working with civil society organizations and the media to use freedom of information laws and open data to investigate and inform the public